Pre Conference Workshop Day
Tuesday, November 28 2023
12:30 pm Registration & Networking
Developing Your Market Strategy
1:30-3:00pm Panel: Attracting & Retaining Talent to the Industry to Fulfil the Current Project Demand
- Drew Overmiller Vice President | Director of Engineering & Planning, JE Dunn Construction Company
- Caroline Senyszyn Project Manager at Samsung | Architecture and Construction, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
- Justin Hamilton Market Leader, McCownGordon Construction LLC
With the ever-increasing demand from projects, yet a diminishing pool of skilled labor, many of us are struggling to find the people to complete the volume of projects we want without causing burn-out and over-working. This panel will explore maximizing business value through talent management and partnerships and the most innovative approaches that partners across the ecosystem are utilizing to combat the current labor shortage plaguing the industry.
- Benchmarking out of the box approaches to attract and retain more talent to the industry: What innovative strategies are being explored?
- Exploring partnerships with educational institutions and organizations to provide education in different areas: What is involved in this and how can we collaborate?
- Assessing the additional company incentives we can put in place to attract more talent to the industry
3:00 pm Afternoon Refreshments
3:30-5:30pm Workshop: Exploring How Partnering Can Help You to Effectively Navigate Current Industry Roadblocks & Bring More Value to Your Customer
- Chad Champine Director of Industrial Business Development, BHDP Architecture
- Kenny Anderson Advanced Manufacturing Operations Lead, DPR Construction
- Revealing how to collaborate with competitors on large scale construction projects to maximize the amount of work your firm can pursue: How can you create a more collaborative culture from the outset to set up for success?
- Understanding the structure of joint ventures, from staffing to contracts, and how they can bring value to both your customer and the project team
- Discussing how partnering more closely can offer opportunities to integrate procurement and how this benefits the end-product